Welcome to the online resume and portfolios of Jim O'Brien, passionate UX / user interaction designer (IxD) and evangelist of the user experience.
In short, I solve problems through design and leadership.
My career has primarily been focused on coming up with design solutions through critical thinking, collaboration, wireframes, task flows, sitemaps, and detailed design specifications. I have also been a leader, growing and mentoring teams through authenticity and trust.
NOTE: I am not a developer, copywriter, or visual/graphic designer. However, I collaborate with and whole-heartedly support these roles and many others.
UX Design and Leadership Experience
- Advocate for team and abilities.
- Mentoring and team cohesion.
- Design processes.
- Cross-functional team collaboration.
- Project estimation.
- Requirements clarification.
- Product / UX strategy.
- Design liason with vendors.
- Balancing of design, business needs, and timeline.
- Application (web, desktop, RIA), intranet, 10ft UI, and website (B2C and B2B) design.
- Mobile-first responsive and adaptive web design.
- Wireframes, task flows, prototypes, and detailed design specifications.
- User research.
- Ability to code and understand HTML and CSS.
- Search engine optimization (SEO).