Jim O'Brien's User Interface Design Experience
With over 22 years of design experience, Jim O'Brien has worked on a wide assortment of projects ranging from brochure-ware web sites to complex, commercial applications (some of which have won industry awards). Not only has Jim been responsible for the user interface design deliverables (task/user flows, wireframes, design specs, etc.) for these various projects, he has also established design processes, created interface guidelines, and worked to build collaborative environments. Jim has a successful history of designing, training, and consulting in both the public and private sectors; and he is a Certified Usability Analyst. He prides himself on creating thoughtful solutions.
Witness Systems, Web Browsing Screen Capture
- Jan. 2002 - "2001 Product of the Year" - Communications Solutions magazine
- Nov. 2001 - "Editor's Choice" - Customer Interface magazine
- Jan 2002 - "Editor's Choice" - Customer Inter@ctions Solutions magazine
- Fall 2001 - "Best of Show" - Internet World
- "Engineering Excellence Award," 1st Quarter 2001 for my work on this application.
With a Flourish
Feb. 2005 - Custom Home Furnishings Industry Web Excellence Award - Custom Home Furnishings Association
- Current Status: Seeking new opportunities.
- Desired Position: Senior, Lead, or Manager
- Location: Atlanta Area, GA, USA.
- Relocation: None.
- Travel: None.
- Preferred Job Type: Full-time, permanent (FTE) or long-term (12+ mo) contract.
- Availability: March 8, 2021
- References: Testimonials and others available upon request.
View my resume
Projects Designed For
- Corporate and brochure-ware web sites.
- Staffing / recruiting company's internal enterprise software suite.
- Hotel marketing.
- Automotive marketing content and vehicle merchandising.
- Data management.
- Patient history and medical records.
- Debt collections.
- Survey and forms generation.
- Web screen capture.
- Business Intelligence.
- E-learning management.
- Voice and data capture.
- Search engines/directories.
- System administration.
Jim designed for such entities as: A.D.A.M. Medical Illustrated Encyclopedia, Autodesk, AutoTrader.com, GeorgiaGov, IHG, Insight Global, Kudzu.com, The Sport Shoe, and many others.
Check out the projects I have worked on
Environments Designed Within
- Responsive & Adaptive / mobile
- Samsung TV Applications
- Windows Metro 8
- RIA / AJAX
- HTML / XHTML / CSS
- Java Swing
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
- XML and XSLT
- ASP .NET / C#
As an interaction designer, Jim is responsible for the user experience blueprints. He is NOT a developer/coder/programmer.
CUA of the Month, August, 2008 - Human Factors International (HFI)